Friday, April 12, 2013

Lesson 4 - Just Keep Smiling

Sometimes you have to roll with the punches and just keep smiling - even in difficult circumstances.

Reeling from a particularly difficult food reaction I didn't feel much like smiling when I awoke this morning. Then a memory came to me and I just couldn't help myself.

Here's what made me smile.

Last December, while on a mid-week get-away with friends, a new character was introduced into my life. With our husbands reclining by the fire sipping wine my friend and I penned a story born out of the preponderance of spectacular poinsettias surrounding the towering Christmas tree in the great hall of the hotel where we were staying.

I don't know why I didn't think to share those collaborative results at that time. Better late than never, as the saying goes. Introducing Penelope...

I hope this makes you smile.



The Potted Poinsettia Preturberance

Penelope pondered the poinsettia predicament with a predictable pout. A purported perfectionist she was perturbed by the preponderance of poinsettias less one.

Perusing the room, she pondered the possibility of the purloined poinsettia.
Where might it be?

Perhaps the pursuit of prudence presents the best possibility of piecing the puzzle promptly, preventing Penelope from predetermining a point, setting the stage for presumptions.

Perpending a possible progression, Penelope proceeded to project a persona of patience, whilst preventing a perfectly public prostration.

Presently a person of plant proficiency produced said poinsettia, placing it purposefully in position, placating Penelope's pensive predilection.

Penelope's predicament palliated!

Pleased, Penelope peacefully departed.

Penned by Partners in Prose


So you see Penelope, though prone to pout over perfectly puny problems, persists in her pursuit of possible pleasures to precipitate positive product.

How could I not smile at the thought of Penelope! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Please! Post the follow up Penelope Story - She needs to be heard...or in her words Penelope pursues publication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leigh, for the encouragement. I don't know why I posted the last one on Wisdom's blog. I will have to share it here as well...along with Penelope's Perennials.

    ReplyDelete